Happy New Year! I thought 2010 was pretty great (after all, it’s the year I started sewing and knitting!), but 2011 should be even better.
I’m the kind of person who makes resolutions all year ’round (and sometimes sticks to them), but no reason not to make some at New Years:
- I will start sewing again. 🙂
- I will not purchase any more sewing patterns or any more fabric until I’ve gone through my project queue (I’ll post that tomorrow). Purchase of thread is okay, but I think I even have all the buttons and zippers I need for these projects!
- I won’t purchase any yarn until I get through my knitting queue (I’ll post that Monday). This could be more difficult because I still have a major yarn-buying bug. Also, I will almost certainly need to buy some sewing gear–needles, etc–so I’m not going to promise not to do that.
- I will sew something for someone else.
- I will get serious about learning how to fit and about fitting my clothing. I will make muslins if necessary, and I will try things on as I go. And I will do this with knitting too.
- I will learn to hand sew. Sigh. And I will not back away from it when it’s the better choice.
- I will not take up any new hobbies in 2011. That’s almost certainly going to be the hardest for me!
We’ll see how I do. I’m pretty committed to 1-3 anyway.
How about you? Any sewing/knitting resolutions?