Crepe Sewalong Muslin #1

Well, I have made my Crepe bodice muslin, and I’m not at all happy with the fit.

Baggy Muslin

It’s a little hard to see from the picture, but it’s waaaaaay too big. I cut a size 2, which looked right on paper, but I will definitely be going down to a 0 for the bodice. What you see is after I had taken in the side seams  to the 0 size, and it’s still too big.

It’s a little hard to fit it properly since the back doesn’t actually close without the waist tie, but I think the safety pin is more or less accurate.

I could swim in this thing.

Another problem is that the fabric (an old sheet) is probably not as drapey as my fabric, and the real fabric may look a little better.

I’m glad to see that Gertie has the same problem with the fit, and I’ll try her fixes to hopefully achieve something that works for me. And I guess I’ll, sigh, be making a second muslin.

On the plus side, I read through the instructions, and they seem typically comprehensive for a Colette pattern, and the dress construction looks pretty easy, with the exception of the facings, which still shouldn’t bee too hard.

Advertisements

One response to “Crepe Sewalong Muslin #1

  1. Pingback: Sewing Queue | Kelly Learns to Sew

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s