The last of the October projects

I am deeply enmeshed in my NaNoWriMo novel (over 16,000 words done!), but I wanted to quickly post pics from my final October project, which I wore to work a few days ago: JJ as shirtdress!

 

JJ shirtdress

Feelin' sassy.

 

Sorry for the pics that chop off my face. All I had was the web cam in my work computer. 🙂

I used the basic JJ pattern, with a few changes:

  1. Lost the ruffles;
  2. Added 15″ onto the front and back and 17″ onto the sides;
  3. Added in-seam pockets (using the pockets from the Colette Beignet pattern);
  4. Made a self-fabric belt (as a finished belt, it’s 2″ wide and twice my waist);
  5. Made the sleeves long, narrowed the bracelet, and lost the bracelet slit/buttons (I have very narrow wrists and not enough buttons).

If you’re counting, that’s two nice pieces of clothing from one free pattern! Possibly more to come…

I used Kona Cotton in Slate from Sew, Mama, Sew. Same fabric, different color as my Beignet skirt. Love this fabric!

 

 

JJ from the back.

So flattering!

Can’t wait until the 50,000 words are done, and I can sew again, instead of just writing about sewing. 🙂

 

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s